29 April 2012

My Birthday

As I mentioned in my last post I had a birthday this week. Since hubby is away working in Africa, I spent the day with the girls and as was the last day of the school holidays I ditched work and we just got to hang out together.

It started with the girls climbing into bed with me in the morning to give me my presents. As their dad was away they did all the shopping, choosing, and wrapping themselves and I must say they did pretty well too! I got some really fun stuff for my iPhone & iPad, as well as an M&M gumball dispenser, chocolates and a voucher for a manicure.

I thought I would share a few pics from the day. Since I didn't have a camera with me these are all just instagram pics I took on the day.

We went to lunch at Hillary's Boat Harbour and shared a really yummy pizza at a place called Caesar's before moving over to San Churro Chocolatier for dessert.  Then we had to go home and just lay around so we could digest our food before heading out for dinner! lol

The view from our lunch table

San Churro's for dessert

Dinner was at Hogsbreath Cafe and we had a lovely steak meal followed by the most ginormous dessert you could imagine! Even between the three of us we couldn't get it finished, this thing was like a huge fish bowl!  Here is a pic of the girls before we demolished it.

Before hubby went away for work we managed a couple of days away at a friends beach house. It was only just over an hour up the coast from home but it felt like we were another world away! It was lovely to have a break together and we did some fishing and paddle boating while we were there too as well as lots of relaxing. I even got to read a whole book, something I don't often get to do! So here are a couple of pics of our days at the beach house.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day and I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was much better than my birthday that is for sure! :)

Pam said...

Sounds like a fabulous day and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Pam said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day and I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was much better than my birthday that is for sure! :)