25 July 2012

Butterfly Birthday

Hello :)

Today I have a card to show you featuring a really cool marbling technique using shaving cream.  I had heard about this technique before but had never tried it, however after visiting the very talented Karen Thomas' blog and seeing the card she created I just had to give it a go! So thanks for inspiring me Karen.

I used my Tim Holtz distress re-inkers to add the colour to my shaving cream and was surprised at how easy this actually was to do! So easy in fact I got a little carried away and made lots of pretty backgrounds for future use. I just love the creamy swirly look that this technique gives you.



Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: So Saffron, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Chocolate chip ink, various distress inks from Tim Holtz
Other: Die and impression plate by PTI, button.

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This looks fantastic, Jodene. What a great technique.

Karen said...

Your card is soooo much nicer than mine! Just LOVE the colours you've used for yours!!

And just for the record, you inspire me with each card you post:) so THANK U!

Luv k
X

KimB said...

It looks gorgeous Jodene! I was totally intrigued and entertained by the PTI video - I mean who wouldn't want to try this - so fun!!Love how you topped it off with the blue butterfly :)
xxx