07 October 2012

Christmas Cards


Yesterday was World Card Making Day, and I hope that you all found time to do some fun crafty stuff.  We were pretty busy but I did manage to make some quick and easy Christmas Cards before heading out to christen our friend's new pizza oven.
I think I HAVE to get one of these outdoor pizza ovens, they cooked the pizza's so quickly and they tasted amazing! And after we were done making pizza's and while it was still hot they put a lamb roast in and cooked it up. Yep, have to get one of these.  Here is a pic I took of Madison and their son Jackson about to make their pizza's.

Anyway onto the cards!

I got the idea for the first card from THIS one which I saw on Pinterest. I just decided to add some layers and more colour to some of mine. The tree is a digital stamp from Hero Arts which I bought online from Two Peas in a Bucket and I added the sentiment in Word. These were honestly so quick to put together!





This next one is a total case from a card that I had seen done by Debbie Olson last Christmas. I had saved the idea but never got around to getting it done before. I omitted the stitching on mine just to save on time (so I could make a few) and went with more traditional xmas colours.  I also tried them with different coloured ribbons. Personally I think I prefer the more muted tones of the kraft seam binding rather than the red. And it's a great way to use up all of that patterned paper I seem to be hoarding.



And now I think I will head back to the craft cave and see if I can't find my own mojo and get some more cards done.

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

LOVE all your cards - boy, what a productive session. Hubby has a pizza oven out the back, and it is the BEST (not least of all because it's the only food he cooks!).

Andrea said...

I love them all! That tree is to die for!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Great collection Jodene, you are really getting organised for Christmas, well done!

Patrice said...

Great cards Jodene - love that Christmas tree!