26 October 2012

Just Add Ink #141 - Colour Challenge

Hi everyone!

It's time for another challenge over at Just Add Ink and this week it's a beautiful colour combination.


But I am sad to say that I have royally stuffed up my entry this week! It has just one of those weeks that I wish I could permanently erase from my memory if you know what I mean!

It went a little something like this:
- A death and subsequent funeral
- Some bad news about the status of a friends illness (breast cancer), the end is near and it is just devastating that a young family will lose it's mother and wife.
- A scared call from my daughter after their school was put in lockdown because a large gang with knives and other weapons entered the school and was threatening teachers and students.
- On the way home from aforementioned funeral, someone threw a large rock or a brick at our car while we were travelling at 100km/h on the freeway narrowly missing the window where my daughter was sitting! Luckily we are all okay but my car will need significant repairs and will be off the road while that's done.
- All this while suffering a 4 day migraine, worse than any I've ever had before!

But even after all of that, I know I am so lucky and should be so thankful that we are all healthy and safe because others are going through a much harder time right now, and my heart is just breaking for them. So I guess it's true (and sad) that no matter what you are going through, there is always someone worse off than you are.

Anyway, enough of my drama! Here is my card for this week. And only after finishing it, did it dawn on me that I used white instead of very vanilla!  So stay tuned as I hope to have another card to share with you soon using the correct colours! In the meantime, I thought I would share this one anyway.




Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Jo said...

White, Vanilla it doesn't really matter with such a cute card. Hope next week is better for you :)

Lesley said...

Love this colour combo Jodene! Wow! It looks amazing with the snowmen.

Fiona Harrison said...

What a horrible week. So sorry to hear about Lou, plus all your other dramas. May next week be much better x

Christine Blain said...

It's lovely!! Yes, a horrendous week, my friend; one you don't want to repeat. I commend you for being able to create anything, let alone such a beautiful card, even if the neutral was slightly different to what it was meant to be! Big hugs to you. xx

KimB said...

Jodene a crappy week doesn't even come close to describing it. Just very glad you and the girls are OK!! The card is gorgeous. I love all the snowflakes. Honestly white/vanilla it would look just as stunning either way!xxx

Kristi said...

This is STUNNING with the white! I love it!

I hope this next week goes better for you.

Marilyn said...

This is such a cute card and I love those snowmen and snowflakes!

Marilyn said...

Jodene, I was back to your page and read the post... all these events are awful but I am glad you and your family is ok. I don't know why, but sometimes we are tested to the max and apparently this week was your turn. They will get better from here on, I'm sure of it.

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous card Jodene! I do hope your weekend was a little less eventful. As you say, it's good to be grateful for the good things in your life. Hug's hon. xxx