23 November 2012

Just Add Ink #145 - Sketch Challenge


Hello ... remember me?  I know it's been a while. Life has taken me on a bit of a detour, as I have been away down on the south coast for a work retreat and then on to spend a couple of days with my bestie :)

But now I'm back and trying to get back into some sort of routine! Although I probably picked the wrong time of year to do that, since the lead up to Christmas is always a little crazy.

I did find time to make a card using this great sketch for this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink.  We would love it if you would play along, this is the sketch.

And here is my card. I love that this sketch lends itself to a clean and simple design but can also be 'dressed up' if you want too. And it's a great way to use up those little strips of leftover patterned paper.


Supplies:
Paper by My Minds Eye.
Stamps: Bauble by Stampin' Up!, Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
Other: Cotton thread, stitching, gold embossing powder.

3 comments:

KimB said...

You always do super striking CAS Jodene and this is no exception! Love the gold embossed bauble - adds the perfect touch of bling! xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jodene! Love that you kept it clean and simple (I can never do that!).

Gretchen Clark said...

Ooohhhh! I love the simplicity of this one~very pretty!!