30 January 2013

Clean & Simple Card Making 2 - Day 1


For the first time ever, I am doing an online card class through Onlinecardclasses.com and after only two days of lessons I have already picked up some great little tips and tried a couple of new techniques.

I thought I would share the three cards I did for my 'homework' for Day 1. I am still playing catch up as the classes come online quite late at night here in Australia due to the time difference and I have had to work during the day .. this work thing is really is cramping my play time!

For my first card I have combined the sketch from Julie Ebersole with the die cut masking technique shown by Jennifer McGuire.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Quill
Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in crushed olive.
Other: Washi tape, Framelits die by Stampin' Up!, linen impressions plate by PTI


My second card was done using spray mists and masking as shown by Kristina Werner. I never had any masks so I used some laced cardstock that I have had in my stash for a long time. I used a blue glimmer mist to spray my mask, and it looks a lot more shimmery than it does in the photo.


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink.
Cardstock: White Quill CS, Marina Mist CS by SU!
Ink: Black pigment ink
Other: Nestabilities circle die, PTI double ended banners die, blue glimmer mist, clear embossing powder.


And my final card was based on a sketch from the sample by Amber Kemp-Gerstel. Again using a masking technique.   I started by stamping the branch from an old SU! stamp set, and then cut a circle from cardstock and used that as a mask to add the circles to my tree.



Supplies:
Stamps: Stamping Up! (branch), Greeting by PTI, circles by PTI.
Ink: Chocolate chip, purely pomegranate and old olive by SU!
Other: Linen impressions plate by PTI


2 comments:

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards, Jodene! Wow! My fav is the tree card. Glad you were able to play along:)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Lovely examples. Jodene.