20 April 2013

Just Add Ink Challenge #162 - Just Add a technique you've never tried before.

Happy Friday!  I hope you have an exciting weekend planned. Wish I could say I did, but it will most likely be filled with cleaning, washing and with a bit of luck - some crafting!

Before I get to all of that though, here are my cards for this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink. This week we get to do some fun stuff, and try a technique we've never tried before. It may be hard to believe, but I have never tried the emboss resist technique before so figured it was time to give it a go! I also had a play with my distress inks, something else I hardly ever get out of the box.



I started by stamping my image and sentiment (from Clearly Besotted Stamps) in Versamark Ink onto white gloss card stock and then heat embossing with iridescent peacock embossing powder. It is so sparkly in real life, but I just couldn't capture it in the photos.

I then used a sponge and rubbed the cardstock with my distress inks before sprinkling it with water to get this beautiful effect. I used the same colours on both cards, yet they look very different! I love that you can get different looks depending on how much of each colour you use and how you blend it.



Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps
Cardstock: Black, white, white gloss
Other: Iridescent Peacock embossing powder, Versamark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, 
Black Satin Ribbon

Be sure to pop over to the Just Add Ink blog and check out the fantastic DT creations this week!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Just lovely Jodene and that's one technique I have never tried! Your cards turned out awesome!!

Karen
x

Sharnee Torrents said...

Amazingly gorgeous cards Jodene, I love that feather too!!
Smiles SHarnee :)

KimB said...

Love the colours Jodene. I can see it must have been a lot of fun blending the inks then seeing what happened when you splattered them :)xxx

Marilyn said...

Doesn't matter if you can't see all the sparkle in the photo Jodene because this is gorgeous... beautiful and and I like it a lot.

Nikki Spencer said...

Adore these Jodene! It's such a great effect and perfect for the feather image. xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Just gorgeous!