26 April 2013

Just Add Ink Challenge #163 - Just Add A Fun Background!

Hello friends!

I hope that you are all having a great week.  I had a birthday on Wednesday so have been having a lovely time with my girls. We spent my birthday at the Zoo, followed by dinner out at one of our favourite pizza places by the water and ice cream cake. It doesn't get much better than that right?

We are also just into our first week of the school holidays here, which is great because it's not such a rushed routine in the morning (or early starts) although I have yet to find time to play in my craft room in between the girls' social events and me being the Taxi driver.

Anyway, the reason I am here is to share my card for this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink. And this week the challenge is ...

                    Just Add...a FUN background!                

For my card this week I have used a border stamp from My Favorite Things called Mod Borders and inked it up in all the colours of the rainbow to create my background. Which actually ended up being the focal point of my card!  I then added a matching colour sequin to each of the rows just to add a little sparkle to my card.



Supplies:
Stamps: Mod Border by My Favorite Things, sentiment from Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Office works (black and white), SU! for the Riding Hood Red.
Other: Riding Hood Red ribbon from SU!, sequins from Riot Craft.

Thanks for visiting this week and I hope I have motivated you to play along, I would love to see your creations!

Happy Stamping.




6 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Very cool background Jodene, l love the repetitive rainbow stamping and cute matching sentiment. Must remember to use my sequins..:0) xxx

KimB said...

I love your rainbow Jodene. Rainbow colour schemes are a favorite of mine too - they are always happy making :) Love the sequins too! xxx

Mae Collins said...

Love how you have coordinated that great fun background of rainbow stamping with your sentiment and the added touch of bling just sets it off perfectly!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your stamping of this border in all of those colours is beautiful! Love the matching bling you've added to each line - great effect!

Christine Blain said...

This is VERY cool, Jodene! Love the bright, happy stamping and the matching sequins - what a fabulous touch.

Andrea said...

AWESOME card! The matching sequins was a brilliant idea. Love it!