07 February 2014

A sad, sad day.

It is with a very heavy heart that I type this post.  Last night we had to make the horrible decision to end the life of our beautiful 12 year old 'baby' Lucy.  
It was so sudden and we are all still in a state of shock and devastation.  

Our pets really are part of our families and when we lose them a little piece of our heart goes with them.  So I wanted to share this photo of my beautiful girl in memory of the most wonderful dog and much loved part of our family.


RIP beautiful girl
'Lucy'
30 July 2002 - 6 February 2014

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Sending you a big hug my friend, how terribly sad for you all!xxx

Patrice said...

I'm so sad for you all. Lucy is/was such a beautiful baby. Sending much love and hugs to you xox

KimB said...

Jodene just the thought of it is making me cry - they do take a part of your heart and keep it forever. Thinking of you and the girls. xxx

Nikki said...

My thoughts are with you all.

Nikki

Glenda J said...

Hugs Jodene… I don't have pets but I can imagine this is a really tough time for you and your family. Take care of yourself. xoxo