03 May 2014

Water colour cards


Once I had my supplies organised (see my last post) I decided to make a couple of cards. It sure is harder than they make it look in the pre class videos! Which is probably why they say to have a play with your supplies and get to know them. I think I need to spend a lot more time doing this before class starts!

For this first card I just used a flat wide brush and swished the paint across the card going from blue to green. I then stamped the sentiment (from My Favorite Things) in black staz on ink and added the little stars (also MFT) in Memento London Fog. Of course I added some stitching around the edge and mounted it up on dimensional tape.


For my second card I just 'splodged' the watercolour into one area (yes, I am sure splodged is a technical term) and then also flicked some of paint onto the card as well which is hard to see in this image. I added the little star type images (from SU!) again in London Fog and the large sentiment from MFT in Staz On and just mounted it simply on some black card. I also added a little glitter which is hard to see in the pic as well.


Anyway, that is as far as I have got and I can't wait to play some more and get started in class!

3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Go you!...A great start, they look really good...Can't wait to see what else you create..:0)I'm still procrastinating!xx

Mommie2Quads said...

I love both cards, I really like the Fabulous sentiment from MFT (thanks a lot you enabler). PS, Im pretty sure splotched is a word, I like it (lol), tfs.

Nancy said...

Great cards...you need to let me know if you liked your class....I was debating on signing up for one too!