16 October 2014

Just Add Ink Challenge #236 - Inspiration Challenge

Hello! It's time for a fun Inspiration Challenge over at Just Add Ink this week and I love this image, there are so many different ideas that come from it.



My first instinct was to go with the peacock theme but since I didn't have any peacock or feather stamps I decided to use the cake and colours as my inspiration.

To add more interest to the sentiment I stamped it first in Island Indigo ink and then again in Cool Caribbean to create a shadow effect.


Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Cardstock/Ink: Stampin' Up! Night of Navy, Old Olive and some gold card
Other: Dies by MFT, Flowers by Kaiser, Stitching, Impression plate by Papertrey Ink.


4 comments:

KimB said...

Love that sentiment Jodene - cracked me up and its true! Your cake is gorgeous is every detail too. xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

LOVE this card Jodene! It never crossed my mind to do the cake, but it looks great. Love the trailing flowers..:0)xx

Christine Blain said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card, Jodene - and I just LOVE your take on the challenge. Fabulous!

Patrice said...

Very cool way to do your sentiment Jodene and your cake is just gorgeous - I didn't even think to go there. x