23 October 2014

Seize The Birthday Challenge - Washi Tape


Welcome to another great challenge over at Seize the Birthday!
And thanks to everyone who played along last time!

Our "Toppings" option this time is...
" Washi tape"



Just remember to keep it a Birthday Theme!


If your not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just

stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!

The choice is yours!



For my card I have layered some wash tape over card stock and then used a word die from
My Favorite Things to cut out the 'Happy' before attaching to my card. To get the dimension I also cut the die from some foam tape as I find that the easiest way to raise intricate die cuts.
I also added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the blue strip at the bottom of the card 
which looks very pretty in real life :)


I also used the extra scarps to make a more simple version with an embossed background.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Soft Sky and white
Stamps and Dies: My Favorite Things
Other: Sequins, Washi Tape, Impressions plate by Papertrey Ink, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen



3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very nice. Love the colors and that happy diecut.

Becca Cruger said...

I never think to use patterns for a cutout, but this is such a super cool effect. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Fabulous birthday card Jodene!! Love the way you used you tape! Hope all is well with you!