18 November 2014

Playing with Bokeh backgrounds

Well look at that, I'm here to share a card that is not for a challenge!  It's been a while since I stamped just for fun, as there has been so much going on at home and my craft room has been getting very neglected.

So yesterday I decided to have a play and try a technique that I have been seeing on Pinterest for a while, and on other people's blogs. And that is Bokeh backgrounds. I found a few great tutorials on YouTube and just took it from there.  I need to work on getting my white circles a little more whiter though, as they are hard to see on some of the samples I made.

And let me tell you, these cards are tricky to photograph because the camera seems to have trouble focusing on the soft background.

Here is my first card. It is just a small sized gift card.

I added a splattering of perfect pearls mist when I was done to add a bit of shine.



Supplies:
Stamps: Leaves are from Papertrey Ink, and the sentiment is from Avery Elle.
Inks: For the background I used Tim Holtz distress inks in salty ocean and shabby shutters, white ink is from Colorbox.
Coloured card stock from Stampin' Up! Watercolour paper by Ranger
Other: Perfect Pearls Mist

And here is my second card. Just added a sentiment and some sequins to my bokeh panel and mounted it on white card. So simple!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Watercolour paper and white card
Ink: Watercolour paints, Ranger archival black ink
Other: Sequins

1 comment:

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the colours you've put together for your bokeh backgrounds.