23 January 2015

Just Add Ink #247 - Blog Hop!

Hello and welcome to the first Just Add Ink challenge of the new year. And as we have done in previous years, we are kicking of 2015 with a fun blog hop for you and we hope you will play along!

We have a theme and a sketch for you to try, so get your creative caps on and see what you can come up with, we would love to see it!




And here is my card. 

I have added plenty of dimension and layers to my project this week. I started by using the linen impression plate from Papertrey Ink on my white card (which was cut using the pierced die from the My Favorite Things blueprints 21 set) and also on my pink tag. I then used embossing paste and one of the new heart stencils from My Favorite Things on the white card and sprinkled with polysparkle embossing powder. Once the paste had dried I heat set it which gave me a lovely glossy and slightly sparkly finish (hard to see in the photos).
I then used double sided mounting tape to raise the tags and the hearts as well. I cut the hearts and tags with die-namics from My Favorite Things. The sentiment is also one from their latest release.





Next up on the blog hop is Di Barnes, so be sure to pop over to her blog HERE and check out her gorgeous project. Or you can just click on the image below.


14 comments:

Phyllis Strickland said...

I love your card - elegant and classy.

FYI blog button is a non-existent page to the Next blog. I clicked the home button but it does not appear to have a hop entry so the hop is broken.

Di Barnes said...

Love it, Jodene. the pretty, bling, stitching & the cute sentiment make such a sweet card. something I'd love to give to my DD.
Inky wishes, D

Nikki Spencer said...

Clean and classy Jodene, love all of the subtle details and especially that pretty glimmer paper (l keep feeling my card)..:0) xxx

Patrice said...

Don't you hate when photos don't show the most gorgeous details? Such a sweet colour combo & sentiment - your card is really lovely Jodene. x

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Ohhh I do love the subtle glossiness of the hearts in the background! Such a crisp clean card - love it :)

KimB said...

I absolutely love those glossy hearts Jodene - makes a stunning background! The stitching details add a lovely finish too :0 xxx

Rochelle Blok said...

Awesome card Jodene! Love the colours, the texture, the stitching and that subtle hint of sparkle! Who doesn't love sparkle! So pretty! xo

ShersL84bed said...

super cute!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous Jodene! Love all that fabulous texture and dimension you've given you card! x

Christine Blain said...

So many cute, eye-catching details on one card! Love it, my friend.

Tina said...

The colours you have used are perfect on your CAS card! It's so very pretty, I love it!

Shona Chambers said...

I love grey, pink and red together, its so modern and pretty. Simply gorgeous card!

Dingodudette said...

So well thought out. Inspiring stuff. Cheers

JayTeeZeHang said...

Simply classy card! Nice!