03 February 2015

City Skyline Cards for The Scrapbook Store

Hello! I am so excited to be joining the wonderful design team at The Scrapbook Store, and am looking forward to sharing my cards with you.





For these cards I have used the Skyline border die-namics by My Favorite Things and created a fun night sky background using distress inks, water and perfect pearls. (A full supply list is below).

To create the background I started with a piece of American Craft white cardstock which I cut with a die from the My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 set.
I then applied three different shades of distress ink using the mini ink blending tool by Ranger. You will notice I’ve created two different effects, one was more of a sunset sky and the other more of a starry night effect.

I then spritzed a little water onto my background, which reacts with the distress ink to leave a gorgeous pattern. I then also mixed a little perfect pearls with water and sprinkled a little on to add some more defined spots with a little shine.

Once I was happy with my background I mounted it onto some black cardstock before cutting the skyline die from black cardstock. I layered the diecut border onto silver paper to create sparkly windows. I used foam tape to add this to the card for some dimension.

I then mounted the whole piece onto the silver card which was cute using another piece from the Blueprints 20 Die-namic set. This was all layered again on foam tape onto some coordinating cardstock (one purple and one more of a raspberry colour).

I finished the card off by stamping the greeting in Hero Arts unicorn white embossing ink and setting it with some white embossing powder and then added a few silver sequins.






Supplies:

Stamps: Birthday Greetings and Celebrate You by My Favorite Things

Ink: Hero Arts Unicorn white embossing pad , Ranger Distress Ink  in Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire.
Paper/Card: American Crafts white card stock and POW glitter paper in silver, black cardstock.
Other: Perfect pearls powder, silversequins 

No comments: