12 February 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge #250 - Just Add Hearts/Pink


With Valentine's Day just a couple of sleeps away I am sure you are going to see a lot more heart themed projects popping up around here!


I created this card for the new challenge at Just Add Ink - Just Add Hearts. I used texture paste to create my background and coloured it with worn lipstick distress ink, although for some reason it dried a real coral colour but I like the effect.


Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Other: Heart stencil by My Favorite Things, Vellum, Wendy Vecchi embossing paste, Ranger distress ink in worn lipstick, platinum embossing powder. 

7 comments:

Jan said...

So pretty Jodene! Love the texture of the embossing paste and the Vellum greeting passing through the heart is such a delicate contrast. x

KimB said...

Ooh texture paste hearts Jodene - love it and they would be so dimensional! The vellum banner was a great way to finish it off :) xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

This is great Jodene! You've done such a lovely job of the texture paste...So smooth and the vellum banner adds a lovely soft look. xx
Sorry l missed this on my first commenting round, as your second post was on top..:0)

Narelle Farrugia said...

I LOVE it! I need to get myself out of my comfort zone and try this texture paste stuff - I love the effect it gives!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Wow that background really pops and rocks!! Love the effect :)

Patrice said...

Well I wish my texture paste attempts turned out as beautifully as yours, this is a really lovely card Jodene! x

Shona Chambers said...

I think the dried colour is gorgeous and I actually thought it was patterned paper until I read your post. Simple and sweet!!