24 March 2015

Baked With Love - for The Scrapbook Store

I saw the adorable new Lawn Fawn stamp and die set called ‘Baked With Love’ pop up on the website and immediately had to go and get it. It is just so cute!
baked with love
To create the card, I started by die-cutting all of the pieces and then stamping them using Memento tuxedo black ink, since I was going to colour them with Copic Markers.
Once I had coloured them, I arranged them and layered some of the front elements up on dimensional tape. I used a die from the Blueprints 20 set by My Favorite Things because I love the stitched element on it.
For the sentiment, I couldn’t find a cardstock to match the Copic colours I had used, so to create the ‘Thanks’ I used white X-press it card and scribbled the same colour marker onto a portion of the cardstock before cutting it out. For the ‘you are sweet’ part of the sentiment, I combined elements of the two sentiments that came with the stamp set.
I wanted the background cardstock to match up with the elements on the main panel, so I used the cupcake and heart stamps in the set to stamp the background. I then stitched around the edge before mounting it onto a white card.
To finish it all off I used a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add a little sparkle to the card. Which is really hard to photograph but looks great in real life bakes with love closeup
Supplies:
Copic colours used:
R20, R21, R22, R24
BG11, BG23, BG32, BG34
COO, C1, C3, C5
E40, 342

No comments: