31 March 2015

Berry Good Card Trio - for The Scrapbook Store.

This fun stamp and die set from Avery Elle has so many possibilities!  I couldn’t decide which of the cute fruits to use, so decided to make a set of cards using each of them.Fruit Trio 1
Card 1 – You Are So Sweet
I stamped the Peach image onto X-Press it Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with Copic Markers (colours below). I then used the co-ordinating die to cut it out. I mounted it using double sided tape, onto the rectangle die from My Favorite Things. The ‘You’ die was cut from black cardstock five times and layered to give dimension. The rest of the sentiment was stamped in Versamark black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
This was then all mounted onto some orange patterned paper from Lawn Fawn which was stitched with my sewing machine and layered onto a black top folding card.Fruit Trio Peach
Card 2 – The Perfect Pear
The pear was stamped in black archival ink by Ranger onto Ranger Watercolour paper (on the rough side). I masked the front pear before stamping the second pear behind it.  I coloured them both with water colours. I finished it off by brushing over the top with a little Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
I cut the water coloured panel using an MFT rounded stitched square dynamic and mounted onto patterned paper from Echo Park. This was also stitched with my sewing machine before being mounted onto a 5” square black top folding card.Fruit Trio Pear
Card 3 – When life gives you lemons
The lemon was also stamped onto Ranger Watercolour paper with Archival ink, although this time I used the smoother side. I then coloured the image with Water colours before stamping the sentiment in the same black ink. After colouring the image, I added a little Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the leaves before mounting it onto a white circle. This was mounted onto some lemon cardstock which had been stamped with the Polka Dot background stamp from MFT using Versamark ink and clear embossed. This was also stitched before being added to a square black top folding card.Fruit Trio Lemon
Copic colours used:
YR12, YR14, YR21, YR20, YR16
YG23, YG25, YG17

No comments: