05 March 2015

Bird Crazy - for The Scrapbook Store

bird crazy closeup


These new crazy looking birds from Tim Holtz are not normally my style, but I just could not resist them! There is just something about them that really appealed to me. Maybe because a few of them look how I feel most days!I stamped this little guy onto some Ranger water colour paper in Ranger Archival black ink. Then I coloured him using the gorgeous new Kuretake Japanese watercolour paints. I mixed in some Perfect Pearls powder and a little water into the paint to give it a real shimmer. Hard to see in the picture, but in real life it adds such a pretty shine to the image. I finished him off with a cute little die cut bow tie.

For the sentiment, I didn’t really have a pre-made one that I thought was suitable to go with the befuddled look on his face, so I created this one using Milo’s Alphabet stamps from Lawn Fawn. I love that this set comes with multiples of each letter so you can create your whole sentiment in one go and stamp it together.
To finish off the card, I just splattered a little of the paint onto the background using the same colours I had coloured the image with, and added a few gold Doodlebug sprinkles.
I then mounted him on some navy blue cardstock before mounting that with double sided tape onto some Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock.

7 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Adorable! I love the combination of the image and the sentiment you created. My younger brother just turned 40... I think it got to me more than when I turned 40!!

Rea' said...

Too cute... He's dressed to kill... LOL !

Roxanne Pafundi said...

ahhhh. This is great! Love his lil' suit and tie! what a cutie pie bird and project! Thanks for sharing! Adorable !

Priscilla said...

Adorable, love your colors and sprinkles

Ruby Craft said...

So funny! Love the Sentiment and the black tie! Congrats on being selected for Tim's Blogworthy Links

Di Garling said...

Fab card Jodene and big CONGRATS on being on the Tim Holtz blog. great achievement.😍

Noreen said...

His expression is perfect for the sentiment!

Noreen
Crafty Journal