30 March 2015

Fun with water colours for the SSSC #261



Oops! I totally forgot to link this card up before the challenge was over! I made it a couple of days ago, but had such a crazy busy weekend, that I didn't get to post it before now.

I created a large sheet of the background pattern after watching THIS awesome video on '10 ways to water colour' by Shari Carroll over on the Simon Says Stamp blog. It totally inspired me to create this background :)

After the watercolour was dry I spritzed the whole thing with Perfect Pearls mist, and while it's hard to see in the photo, it is very shimmery in real life!

Once I had completed the background I decided to cut it in half and make two cards from it. The first one was for last week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.



Supplies:
Stamps from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Ranger Water Colour Paper, SU! Melon Mambo and Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks in Picked Rasberry, Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive and Dusty Concord. Versamark ink.
Other: White Embossing Powder, silver 'Sprinkles' by Doodlebug. Perfect Pearls Spray.

No comments: