12 March 2015

The Daily Marker 30 Day Colour Challenge - Part 1


Hello!

I have been playing along with the 30 day colour challenge currently being run by Kathy Racoosin over at The Daily Marker blog. So I thought I would share my cards here, but unfortunately since I am playing along on Instagram my photos are not the best quality as they are taken on my phone and screen shot from my Instagram card account (jodenes_cards if you are interested in following me there!)

The idea of the challenge is to colour a little every day. Even if it is just 5 minutes. I love that! Some days I have had more time than others, and I am also trying to use a range of colouring mediums in my projects.

So here are my first 9 projects that I have shared, along with what mediums I used for them.

Day 1 - I coloured this Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp with watercolour paints mixed with a little bit of Perfect Pearl powder for some extra shine.



Day 2 - I coloured this cute little Whipper Snapper designs egg stamp (full project coming to my blog soon) using Copic Markers.


Day 3 - This image was a digital download and I coloured it using Prismacolour Pencils. It is an A4 sized image so took a little longer than 1 day to complete :)



Day 4 - I coloured this adorable Lawn Fawn 'Baked with love' set using Copic markers. The full project using these images will also be on my blog soon :)



Day 5 - Another cute Lawn Fawn Set. This time coloured with the new Prima Watercolour Pencils and water brush. 



Day 6 - Adorable new MFT Somebunny Stamps coloured using Copic Markers. The card was using the sketch challenge from last week. But I forgot to upload it to their blog .. oops! 



Day 7 - An image out of a 'Colour Therapy colouring book' which I coloured with Sharpie Markers.



Day 8 - Some cute new MFT stamps arrived at my house this week, this was one of them! Full card coming soon. Coloured this one with Copic markers and used a white Sharpie marker to add the spots.


Day 9.1 - I called this 9.1 because it's not really a 'full project' and only took me 5 minutes to colour and put together. Dropped this yummy cupcake off to a friend, and thought the topper finished it off nicely. Image and sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and I coloured the cupcake using Copic markers. 


There is still plenty of time to join in the 30 day colour challenge if you would like, just pop over to The Daily Marker blog for all the details :)

Happy colouring!

No comments: