15 April 2015

Happy Birthday Card - for The Scrapbook Store

I have been having some fun with the different embossing and texture pastes lately and was inspired to try colouring it to create a bit of a rainbow background for this week’s card.Happy textured
I loved the ‘Triangle Screen background’ die from MFT Die-namics, but it doesn’t come as a stencil so I used some X-Press It Stencil Sheets to make my own, and it worked really well!
Once I had cut the stencil I stuck it down to some white cardstock (easy, since it is adhesive and peels on and off with no problem!) I then used some various dye inks to add colour to the embossing paste before smoothing it over the stencil.
While I waited for that panel to dry I cut the ‘happy’ from the Hero Arts ‘Stamp & Cut set’ 5 times out of black card and attached each layer together. I then applied glossy accents to the top to add some shine. The birthday sentiment is from My Favorite Things and was stamped in black versafine ink onto white card.
Once the textured panel was dry I spritzed it with some shimmer mist to add a great sparkle to it (which was hard to capture in the photo). I then layered the sentiment on top and mounted it all onto some coordinating cardstock and then onto a black card base.

Happy textured closeup

1 comment:

Debra James said...

Love the colours and texture you achieved.. Pretty card 👍🏻