02 April 2015

Just Add Ink #257 - Inspiration Challenge


Hello and welcome back for another fun challenge over at Just Add Ink. This week we have this gorgeous image to inspire you.


I have created a water coloured card for my project this week. I used masking fluid to cover the flowers while I painted the background and then removed the fluid to complete the card.  I did the background by using a wide flat brush to apply watercolour to the card stock.

The colours on my card are more 'pink' than they look in my photos. I just could not get it to look right for some reason!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Elements of Style, Sentiment from Lawn Fawn. 
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink, Early Espresso Ink by SU!
Cardstock: Ranger Watercolour paper, Stampin' Up! Early Espresso card stock
Other: Ribbon from Stampin' Up! Doodlebug sprinkles, Sakura Koi watercolour paints, stitching, Windsor & Newton Masking Fluid


6 comments:

KimB said...

The blossoms are just gorgeous Jodene - you are always spot on with colouring whatever medium you use! Remind me to ask you about the masking fluid - it sounds intriguing - lucky we'll have time soon! xxx

Patrice said...

Absolutely love your card Jodene. You put lots of work into it and it shows. Love the wide brushed water colouring.

I'm intrigued by this masking fluid - don't think I've heard of it before but it sure beats paper masking! xox

Rochelle Blok said...

Beautiful card Jodene! The colouring is absolutely amazing! So pretty! Love all the little details that finish your card off! Just stunning!

Jan said...

Such a stunning card Jodene! Your colouring is amazing and I love the background you've created and the all the details too. And I too am curious to learn more about the masking fluid :-) xx

dotdotstamping.com said...

Lovely card Jodene, I love the way you have coloured the flowers. Gorgeous!
Chris

Teneale Williams said...

Simply amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE this.