07 April 2015

Television Shaker Card for The Scrapbook Store

How cute is this new television set from MFT Die-namics? I love the retro style of it (probably because I was a child of the 70’s and my TV looked just like this!)
Television shaker
I started with a navy blue card base, and layered a piece of Bazzill Marshmallow card on top of that. I then created the background panel by using some green and navy cardstock, with a piece of gorgeous patterned paper from MME. I stitched that panel with my sewing machine before mounting it onto the marshmallow card.
I then made my little television shaker. I used the same navy cardstock to cut out the main piece of the television and I then cut it again using some thick foam sheets. To create the window, I cut the front panel of the television from silver adhesive card from Silhouette and in between I added a sheet of acetate.
To create the back of my shaker, I cut a piece of marshmallow cardstock the same size as the TV and stamped it with my greeting and accent stamps before adding some small glitter stars and sticking the top panel down onto it. I then attached the completed TV to the front of the card.
Television shaker closeup
Supplies:
Patterned paper: My Minds Eye ‘Now and Then’ collection

No comments: