05 May 2015

Build A Bouquet - for The Scrapbook Store

I recently bought this image from The Scrapbook Store and I loved it immediately because the flowers reminded me of the ones my grandmother used to have in her garden. So for the same reason I thought it would make a beautiful Mother’s Day card for my mum. And because it is such a large image, it really didn’t need much embellishment since those flowers really do take centre stage.Hydrangea card
This card required a lot of masking and layering to create the bouquet, and this image is actually made up of 7 separately stamped images. The great thing about this stamp set is that the masks are part of the set so it makes the process very easy!
I started by working out where my vase would go, and first stamped one set of the flowers in the centre. I then masked that set of flowers and stamped them a second and third time on each side. I then masked the flowers while I added the leaves so that they look like they are coming from behind the flowers. Once the bouquet was complete I masked the bottom part of the image and stamped the vase.
I then set about colouring the image with my Copic Markers. Once it was finished I gave it all a liberal coating of Wink Of Stella so that it all shimmers beautifully. I then stamped the greeting onto a tiny tag that I had die-cut, and attached it with a little piece of string. I finished it all off by adding some tiny pearl accents to the centre of the flowers.
Once that was all complete, I stitched around the edges and layered it onto some silver glitter paper and then onto a dark purple card base.hydrangea card closeup
Supplies:
Card/Paper:  Neenah White Cardstock 

Copic colours used:
YG0000,YG01, YG17, YG23, YG25
COO, C1, C2
B0000, B41, BG0000, BG000, BV000, BV01, BV04

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Wow. Stunning, my friend. Your colouring is just awesome; the flowers look so soft and realistic. Love the little sentiment tag, too - perfection.

Patrice said...

This is a stunning card, Jodene. Love the flowers - and yep my Granny has those in her garden. Bet your mum loves this one! xox