12 May 2015

Happy Birthday with a cherry on top - for The Scrapbook Store

I thought this new little ice cream cone die set from My Favorite Things was just so cute when I first saw it, and knew it would make for some fun cards. After all, what kid doesn’t like ice cream right?Ice cream card
I started by choosing some fun new patterned paper from Echo Park which I cut using the new stitched edge dies from My Favorite Things. I then trimmed and attached the background to some chocolate coloured cardstock and then onto a white card base.
To create the main panel, I cut the white card using a stitched die from Lawn Fawn and stamped the sentiment at the bottom using two different coloured inks. I also stamped some abstract art stamps from My Favorite Things in pink to go behind my little ice cream.
To make the ice cream itself I cut the cone die in a soft yellow and then the ice cream in white. For the topping I cut the die from chocolate cardstock and once I had put it all together I added a liberal coating of glossy accents onto the topping. I also wanted to add the cherry on top so I cut that from white cardstock, coloured it with copic markers and added some glossy accents to that as well. Once it was dry I attached it to the top of my ice cream.ice cream card closeup
I then used some double sided tape to attach the ice cream onto the main panel, and some more double sided tape was used between the panel and the patterned paper.
Click on the links below in the supplies list for products (available at The Scrapbook Store).
Supplies:


1 comment:

Di Barnes said...

YUM! Another very cute creation, Jodene.
Di :-)