26 May 2015

Howdy Card - for The Scrapbook Store

For this week’s card over on The Scrapbook Store's Blog,  I decided to have a go at the ‘no line’ water colour technique that I have seen used a lot lately. It was a lot of fun and I’m already planning my next project using this technique.howdy
Since I was water colouring I used mixed media cardstock and started by stamping the pots in antique linen distress ink, before masking them and stamping the cactus over the top in crushed olive and mowed lawn ink. I wanted this light so I inked up my stamp and then stamped off once onto some scrap paper before stamping onto my cardstock.
Once they were stamped I used my water brush and distress inks to water colour the image, adding more colour as I went. When I was finished I stamped the greeting in black ink and cut the image using a die cut from My Favorite Things. I also added a little die cut heart which I coated with some glossy accents.
I used two shades of green cardstock behind the image to complete the card and added some twine and ribbon along with a heart charm to finish it off.howdy closeup

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jodene,

Your shading on those cacti is so perfect, they look dimensional! Great job and a cute card!

Kim
www.katydidcards.com