19 May 2015

Mermaid shaker card for The Scrapbook Store

This week I wanted to share with you this beautiful Stampendous Mermaid rubber stamp that I picked up from The Scrapbook Store. I had fun colouring her but when it came to putting the card together I was a little stumped for ideas until I decided I would put her in a little shaker box with some ‘sand’ to give the illusion that she was in the water.mermaid cardI started by stamping the Mermaid image onto a piece of white blending card using My Favorite Things Black Hybrid ink, since I knew I was going to colour her with Copic Markers.
Once I had coloured the image, I added some chalk to the background to made it less white before layering her onto some gold glitter paper and then onto the blue card background. I decided to leave a greeting off the front of this one, and instead stamp it on the inside.
To create the shaker component of the card, I first cut the blue frame using a frame die from My Favorite Things. I attached a piece of clear acetate to the back and used some strips of double sided foam tape behind the frame.  I then filled it with various micro beads and some slightly larger beads before removing the backing of the tape placing the back of the card to the shaker.
Copic colours used: 
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E50, E51
Hair: Y35, YR14, YR18
Tail: BG49, BG15, B00, YR21, G07

1 comment:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!