31 May 2015

Online Card Classes Mask-erade (Card 4)



I'm back with another card created as part of the Online Card Classes Mask-erade. This was from Day 5 which was all about using heat embossing as a mask. And my card is based on the example shown by Debby Hughes.

I used the negative of a Stampin' Up! butterfly die which I inked with Versamark and heat set with clear embossing powder. I then used the 'smooching' technique with distress inks to add the colour around the butterfly. Once that was dry, I ironed the panel between some copy paper to remove the raised gloss of the embossing to leave a plain area.

To finish off I added the sentiment, some ink splatters and some sequins.



Supplies:
Dies: MFT 'Love & Adore You', Stampin' Up! Butterfly
Other: Ranger Ranger Distress Ink, Sequins, Glossy Accents, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, Versamark Ink



5 comments:

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

This is so gorgeous!! See you in class :-)

inkeverywhere said...

This is beautiful Jodene - I love the stunning colour against the white. Such a great technique. Chantell x x

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love it.

Theresa Knopf said...

Awesome card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this! So pretty!