18 June 2015

Butterfly in Watercolour for The Scrapbook Store

As soon as I saw this gorgeous butterfly stamp set from Stampendous I immediately wanted to try colouring it with the brand new Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens. I have only had these pens for just over a week, so am just learning how to use them. This is my first project using the pens and I loved how easy they were to work with and I really like the results.butterfly in watercolour
I started by stamping the butterfly in Versamark Ink onto some Ranger Distress Watercolour Cardstock. I then heat set it using white embossing powder.
I then taped it to my work surface (to prevent too much buckling of the card) and began colouring. For the butterfly itself, I simply blended three different colours (red, orange and yellow) directly to the card. No water was used! And I love the effect that it gave. Once all of the wings were coloured I added some brown to the spots and body of the butterfly. This was honestly so easy and I really like the effect!butterfly in watercolour closeup
For the background I coloured a little around the edge with the blue shades directly onto the card and then proceeded to blend the colour out using a water brush.
Once it was dry I spritzed on some Hero Arts Unicorn White paint, and used the blue and orange markers which I scribbled onto my craft mat and picked up using a wet brush. Unfortunately the cardstock wasn’t as dry as I thought so my spots have bled a little, but I don’t mind the soft effect. Just something to keep in mind when you try this technique.
To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and added some clear sequins.
I then mounted the finished piece onto some Bazzill Marshmallow Cardstock.
Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Colours used:
70, 50, 52, 22, 62, 65, 36, 31 and 42

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Wow. Beautiful. This is such a lovely card, Jodene. Pretty colours you've chosen to use too. xox