10 June 2015

Perfect Harmony - for The Scrapbook Store

I was so excited to see that The Scrapbook Store is stocking the gorgeous little ‘Pure Innocence’ stamps from My Favorite Things. These are such fun to colour and make great birthday cards. And I particularly loved  the new range this month as it is perfect for my musical daughters, who both play guitar and sing! 
And don’t worry if you aren’t confident at colouring, they can very easily be paper pieced as well!
I paired this ‘Perfect Harmony’ image with the awesome new ‘Take The Stage’ dies, also released last month.PI Girl Singing
Before I assembled my card I started by colouring my image and cutting it out. You can also use the coordinating dies but I didn’t want her to have the white border for this particular card so I hand cut her. I then coloured her with Copic markers (colours used are listed below) and then set her aside to create the stage.PI Girl singing closeup
I cut the ‘Take The Stage’ dies in black cardstock and then I cut the larger piece and the curtain ties from the set again in gold glitter cardstock. To create the background I layed the gold piece down onto some red card, and cut the large black piece down the middle so the curtain would be open. I then trimmed off the extra to make it the correct width.
I stamped the greeting (which comes with the image) in versamark ink onto the red card and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
I then added my girl to the stage and mounted the completed piece onto some gold glitter card and again onto a white card base.
Copic Colours:
Skin: E11, E21, E50, E51 and R30
Dress: R14, R17, R24, R27 and R29
Boots & Mic: C1, C3, C5 and C7
Hair: E35, E37, E51 and E99

1 comment:

Dawn Lancaster said...

Such a sweet card! Adorable little image & I love the background!
Hugs
Dawn xx