31 July 2015

Lawn Fawn Party Animals - for The Scrapbook Store

I keep promising myself I won’t buy any more cute animal type stamps, but seriously – how can I not, when they keep bringing out so many fun ones? They are just too cute to leave on the shelf! That’s my excuse anyway, and I’m sticking to it.
So for this week I have used the adorable little fox from the new Party Animals stamp set by Lawn Fawn from The Scrapbook Store.  There are some great stamps in this set and you can do a lot with them. But I have kept my card quick and simple and think it would be great for a masculine birthday.

Party Animal Fox
To make this card, I started by cutting the cardstock with the stitched rectangle die from the ‘Blueprints 20′ set by My Favorite Things out of X-Press It cardstock. I then stamped the fox and the sentiment to the bottom section of the card. Then I added the little birthday cake into the fox’s hands.
The colouring of this guy was very quick, simple and fun! And once he was finished I tied some gold embroidery thread around the top of the white card to break up all of that white space. I also added a few scattered sequence.party animal fox closeup
To finish the card off, I die cut the coordinating scalloped border from the same blueprints set in brown and mounted the whole piece onto kraft cardstock using foam tape. I also couldn’t resist adding a little sparkly wink of stella to the cup cake.
Copic colours used:
R27, E77, E50, E53, E31
E35, E37, R11, W00, W1, W3, W5

No comments: