Today I wanted to share with you my first shaker card using the new Fuse Tool from We R Memory Keepers, which is now available in the store. I love how easy this is to use, and it makes shaker cards a much simpler process.
However I do think that I overfilled my shaker and next time will probably put less sequins etc in but I still love how it turned out.
The first thing I did was to create the shaker to go in my card. To get the right size, I used the same die that I used on the front of the card as a template to seal my bag. I then used the fuse tool to go around three quarters of the die and left a portion open to fill with sequins. I then put the template back over the plastic and sealed the last section of the bag. I left a small border around the sealed edge so that I could glue that to the card. For the plastic, I used the We R Memory Keepers Waterfall Photo sleeves.
I then cut a piece of white cardstock with the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints set, and then cut the circle die in the middle at the top of the card, leaving enough space for a sentiment underneath.
To create the blue mat underneath, I cut the cardstock a little larger to leave a border then lined it up with the white card and die cut the circle so that the holes in the centre would match up exactly.
I then glued the shaker card to the blue mat using a liquid adhesive, and stamped the sentiment before layering the white piece on top with foam mounting tape to give dimension, and also allow a little room for the sequins to shake around. However if you wanted a flatter card for mailing, you could skip the foam tape and use regular adhesive.
I then set the card aside and created the images I wanted to attach to the front. I chose the adorable little penguins and a sentiment from the new Penguins in Paradise set from My Favorite Things. I wanted a no line colour look for my penguins so I stamped them in a lighter ink on X-Press It Card and coloured them with Copic markers. I then cut them out using the coordinating dies.
I attached them to the front of the card using foam tape and that completed my card for today.