08 August 2015

Clowning Around - for The Scrapbook Store

My card over at The Scrapbook Store this week features the adorable little ‘Pure Innocence’ clown from My Favorite Things’ last release. It also has a matching die to go with it, and both are available now in the store. This is a great little stamp that works for either boys or girls card, which makes it very versatile! I chose to stick with primary colours for my card and I think this card works for both boys and girls.Clowning Around
I started by taking a piece of Ranger Watercolour Paper and using some blue distress inks to watercolour the background. I didn’t measure it out, I just wanted to leave a bit of a white border around the colour.
While that was drying, I die cut the clown from X-Press It Copic cardstock and coloured him/her using Copics (a full colour list is below). I also die cut some balloons from the new MFT Dienamics ‘Birthday Balloons’ set and coloured those in coordinating colours. I added some white spots to the shirt using a white pen.
I cut the balloon strings from American Craft glitter paper and gave the balloons a generous spray of Shimmer Sparkle spritz (which is almost impossible to see in the photos, but gives a lovely sparkle in person).
I cut the MFT Dienamics ‘Instaframe’ to frame my clown and added a sentiment. The ‘Happy’ is from the ‘Clowning Around’ stamp set and the large birthday die is from the new ‘Brushstroke Birthday Greetings’, which was also cut from the American Craft glitter paper. I stamped the Happy onto grey cardstock and heat embossed it with Ranger embossing powder.Clowning around closeup
I then used double sided tape to put all of the layers onto the watercoloured background and attached it all to the grey card base. I chose grey for the card base and accents as I felt black may be a bit too overwhelming.
Copic colours used:
E000, E00, E11, R20, R17, R46, R89, N1, N3, N5, N7, N9, N0
B02, B04, B16, B18, YR07, YR16, YG01, YG13, YG17, YG25, YR09
Distress Ink colours used:
Broken China, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon

1 comment:

Jill Norwood said...

Such a wonderful card!!!! I love it!!!! :) Jill