20 August 2015

Have a purrrfect day - for The Scrapbook Store

This week I have a simple card to share over at The Scrapbook Store, but one with some fun techniques featuring distress inks and perfect pearl powder.Penny Black FeLine
I started with a piece of Neenah solar white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in black Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then heavily applied three different colours of distress inks, blending them together as much as I could. While the ink was still wet I applied a dusting of Perfect Pearl powder and buffed it off with a microfibre cloth which left a shiny metallic finish. I have seen this technique around a lot lately and really love it!
I decided to cut the Penny Black FeLine die from black glitter cardstock and removed the outer frame from the die. I then attached it to the card above the sentiment and layered the completed piece onto some black cardstock using foam tape.
This is such a simple and fun card to make, that looks just beautiful in person with all of that shine and sparkle!Penny Black FeLine closeup
Distress Ink colours used:
Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron

No comments: