02 September 2015

Hello, Sunshine - for The Scrapbook Store

Today I have a fun card to share today over on The Scrapbook Store Blog which features something a little different – pineapples! I started creating this card as a background but loved the pineapples so much, that I decided to make the card all about them! I love that by using the small accessory stamps that come with larger sets, you can make a big statement.

Pineapples
Firstly, I stamped the pineapples randomly over a piece of white X-press It cardstock in Black Licorice Hybrid Ink from My Favorite Things. I also die cut and stamped a separate pineapple to go on the sentiment strip.
Then I used Copic markers to colour all of the pineapples and added some dots using a white paint pen before using a die from Blueprints 15 to cut the panel for the front of my card and then adhered it to a yellow piece and then a green card.
For the sentiment, I stamped onto a strip of black cardstock using Versamark ink and heat set it with white embossing powder. I also cut the strip using the same die as the background so the stitching on each end would match up.
I used double sided foam tape to pop the sentiment strip up and then added the pineapple, which more double sided foam tape.
I then spritzed the whole card using Sparkle Shimmer spray to finish it off.pineapples closeup
Copic Colours:
Y02, Y11, Y23, YR14
YG21, YG63, YG67

1 comment:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card, Jodene! Love the pineapples!