24 September 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge #281 - Colour Challenge with a twist!

This week over at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge with a  difference. We want you to choose your three favourite colours!

This was really tough for me as I don't have one favourite colour, but I always tend to to be drawn to anything aqua, or teal. And I love that combination with a splash of hot pink so that is what I went for this week!

I made a stitched shaker card for my project, which was a lot of fun! In fact I made two cards and while I like the technique I can't say I am in love with the cards I got finished.

I used distress inks, water and acetate to create the backgrounds on both of my cards. However on the first one I left a lot more white space, and on the second I heat embossed a background stamp and then applied the ink over the top.



Supplies: 
Dies: Tim Holtz - Ranger
Ink: Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers and Picked Rasberry
Other: Sequins



Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things and Lawn Fawn
Other: Lawn Fawn Dies, sequins
Ink: Distress ink in picked raspberry, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

They are both gorgeous, Jodene. Such a fun, bright and happy colour combination.

KimB said...


I love how the pink really peps up the blues Jodene (the little jellyfish are pretty darn cute too!). The shaker pockets is a brilliant idea as an addition to such vibrant colours. xxx

Jan said...

I love your colour choices Jodene - so bright and girly beautiful! These are both delightful shaker cards!

inkeverywhere said...

Both great cards Jodene - Love the shaker card ideas. Very pretty colours. Chantell x x