27 November 2016

A blog update and a few cards to share.

Hello friends!

I just realised that my last post for Seize The Birthday was ... well, my last post for Seize The Birthday! I have stepped down from the Design Team for now, but will definitely miss working alongside the other talented members, who I also call friends.

I am now working almost full time (at The Scrapbook Store here in Perth ... my dream job!) as well as doing some classes and taking care of the family with a hubby that is away a lot. So I thought it was time to take a step back from some of my extra responsibilities and make things a bit easier on myself.

This year has been a big one for our family. My youngest daughter has just graduated high school and is putting the finishes touches on her debut EP which is set for release early next year. My oldest daughter has just finished her third year at University where she is doing a Chemistry degree, and my hubby and I had our very belated honeymoon and first ever holiday together and travelled to the UK and France in August/September, followed by a brief trip over to Sydney for my brothers wedding.

I don't know whether I will keep this blog going into the new year, since it was mostly used for the sharing of design team projects and all of my projects are already shared on my Facebook and Instagram pages. Which seems to be the preferred method for sharing among crafters these days! The old blog tends to be pretty quiet as far as visitors and comments go these days.

However I do have a few cards to share today that I made featuring THIS technique shared by Jennifer McGuire recently. I just really love how effective this technique is.









Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Dies: Memory Box, My Favorite Things
Other: Distress Inks, Perfect Pearls, Embossing Powder, Sequins

2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

All of these are SO pretty! Such a great collection of Christmas cards~I love them:)
Have a wonderful day!
Sherrie K

Jan said...

These are gorgeous Jodene! So elegant and gorgeous colours for Christmas too.