21 March 2021

Altenew - Creative Watercolor Media (Project 2)

EDITED:   I JUST REALISED THAT I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THIS CLASS! SO THIS IS A BONUS PROJECT.  BUT I FIGURED I MAY AS WELL SHARE IT SINCE IT'S HERE . I MUST HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THIS ONE :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Happy Sunday (I say that with the realisation that it is probably not likely Sunday where you are right now) however it is a glorious sunny (and hot) Sunday afternoon here and we are enjoying what may be the last of the very hot days before Autumn really kicks in here in Australia. 

For todays project for my AECP Level 2 Certification, I have created a card after completing the Creative Watercolor Media Class (specifically Lesson 3 with Laura Bassen). Laura demonstrating water colouring using the Altenew Inks which is what I have done on my project. 

I am using an image from the new Tall Tale stamp set from the recent release and have stamped it onto a piece of Altenew watercolour paper in black obsidian pigment ink, and then heat set with clear embossing powder. I followed with by stamping the sentiment the same way.

I then coloured the images using various colours of Altenew Crisp Dye ink which I picked up from a non stick craft mat using the new Altenew paint brushes. 

Once my image was completed I trimmed the panel down to 4"x5.25" and placed on a top folding black A2 card base using foam tape. I then added some clear sequins to complete the card.  

This was a very fun and quick card to make and I love using my inks in this way. 

Supplies:
Tall Tale Stamp Set
Altenew Black Obsidian Pigment Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Various colours of Altenew Crisp Dye Inks (full list of colours used is below).
Altenew Artist Detailed Watercolor Brush Set

Ink colours used: Dark Chocolate, Mango Smoothie, Fresh Leaf, Icy Water, Winter Lake, Arctic Mountain, Canyon Clay and Puffy Heart. 


No comments: