26 September 2021

Altenew - Clean, Simple & Colourful Techniques

For today's project, I have created a card using the techniques learned from Laura Bassen in Lesson 4 of the Clean, Simple & Colourful Techniques class, called Masking and Ink Blending. In this class Laura created a rainbow ink blended background using masking tape so I have used the same techniques, but in a different pattern. 

I started by stamping the floral image from the Fairy Tale Florals stamp set onto an A2 piece of white card in clear embossing ink, and heating with white embossing powder. I then took a piece of 1" post it tape, and starting from the top I masked off and ink blended working my way down to the bottom, making sure to leave a little white space between each layer. 

The colours I used were Mango Smoothie, Caramel Toffee, Coral Berry, Lavender Fields, Winter Lake, Caribbean Sky and Mountain Mist. I also splattered some Altenew Pearl Gold watercolour and white ink onto the panel. 

I then trimmed the panel down 1/4" and mounted it onto a black A2 top folding note card.  To create the sentiment I die cut the Handwritten Hello die twice from white cardstock and once from gold card and layered them together, using liquid glue to attach them to my card. 

To complete the card I added some gold jewels.



Supplies:


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

STUNNING!! So so so good!
Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.