27 December 2021

Altenew - Demystifying Mixed Media

I cannot believe this is my second last project for Level 3 before my final challenge! I had hoped to be completed by the end of this year, but life has thrown us quite a few curve balls which meant that crafting had to take a bit of a back seat. 

But I had fun completing this class with Tania Ahmed called 'Demystifying Mixed Media'. I have been playing a bit lately with mixed media and art journalling so I loved getting lots of new tips that I could incorporate into my card projects. 

The two main lessons I drew inspiration from for my card were Lesson 1: Textured backgrounds using pastes and Lesson 5: Text Book Collage 

Mixed media is all about adding layers of colour, techniques and textures to your project. And I started this card by creating my own text book collage paper using one of the sentiment stamps from the Eucalyptus Jar stamp set. I stamped it repeatedly onto a piece of tissue/collage paper (4.5"x6.5")  in permanent ink. This is what it looked like when it was completed. 

I then use a collage medium to attach it to a piece of white card stock the same size. I also went over it with a thin layer of white gesso to tone down the background a little. Once that was dry, I added some Altenew Dusk and Desert Night inks to my craft mat, spritzed with water and smooshed it onto my background. I dried that and then repeated to get a couple of layers of colour.  I then dried it again before adding some white embossing paste through the 'Feeling Dotty' stencil and left it to dry.

While that was drying, I stamped the large jar image and the 'Hi' sentiment from the same stamp set in permanent black ink and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I then used Altenew foam tape to attach them to the front of my panel for extra dimension. For more interest I splattered some black, white and gold paint onto my panel and added some black enamel dots as well.  I then went around the edge of the panel with some Dusk Ink and drew a line around the outer edge using a black marker. 

I attached it to a black 5"x7" card base using foam tape and that completed my card. I hope you enjoyed my project, as I had a lot of fun trying new techniques and creating this card!



Supplies:




1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!