21 April 2020

Altenew - Celebration: Stencil Techniques


Today I want to share my latest card for my Level 1 AECP Certification from the Celebration: Stencil Techniques class with Laurel Beard. I cannot believe that this is my 10th Altenew Academy Class! I have had so much fun and learnt so many great tips & techniques from every single one.

I have based my card on Lesson 2 - 'Stencils & Embossing Paste' and have used glitter gel on my project.  I chose the Leaf Burst Stencil and it is one of my favourites! I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4"x5.25" and attached my stencil to the front, covering only two thirds of the card front. I then used distress inks to colour the stencil before applying a layer of clear glitter gel over the top.

While that was drying, I coloured a piece of white card with coordinating blue ink and then die cut the sentiment from the Handwritten Hello die set. I then cut the die again from some white foam and attached them together for dimension before adding them to my card.  I stamped the 'dear friend' from the Altenew Birthday Greetings stamp set in the same blue ink and attached it with some foam tape.

I then used more foam tape to attach the whole panel to a 4.25"x5.5" top folding card base.


BONUS CARD

While scraping the glitter gel from the first card, I had a lot left over and since it was coloured from the inks, I could not return it to the tub (and it was too pretty to waste!). So I spread the leftover gel through the same stencil on a second piece of white card. I loved the soft colours of this and went with the same design as my first card, and added some gold foiled accents to finish it off.



Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed these projects.

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Inks
Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel



1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

These cards make me happy! Love the colours you chose.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.