The Creative Colouring with Erum Advanced Techniques was such a fun Altenew class to do, and Erum showed us some awesome techniques! Since I am someone who usually spends quite a bit of time watercoloring, I was excited to try the splatter technique that Erum showed in Lesson 5. And I know I will be using this technique a LOT from now on! It was simple to do, yet the results are so beautiful!
I started by stamping the image from the Altenew Blossom & Bloom stamp set in permanent black ink on a piece of Altenew A2 watercolor paper. I also stamped the image on some scrap printer paper to create some masks, since this image was all one piece and I wanted the leaves and flowers in different colours.
I masked off the leaves and then sprayed the flowers with water and used the splatter technique Erum shared to add color to the images using the Altenew Artist Watercolor set. The colours for the flowers were: pocketful of sunshine, summer afternoon and delectable delights. I then dried it off before adding a few more splatters.
When that was dry, I masked off the flowers and did the same process with the leaves. The colours I used were Rainforest and Tropical Forest. I then added some white splatters to the whole image, dried it and cut it out using the coordinating die.
To create my background I used the exact same technique as the flowers, using shades of blue. The colours were Deep Blue Seas and Starry Night. Once the first layer was dry I added some darker splatters and then some gold splatters using the metallic watercolours.
I trimmed my background panel down a little and attached it with Altenew foam tape to an A2 top folding white card base. I used more foam tape to adhere the focal image.
I stamped the sentiment from the 'Tiny Sentiments: Hello' stamp set in clear embossing ink onto black cardstock and embossed with pure white embossing powder. I trimmed it down and attached it to the front of the card. I then added some white enamel dots to complete the project.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you liked this project. I sure had fun making it!