14 October 2020

Altenew - Creative Watercolor Media

Well after a few months hiatus, I am finally embarking on my AECP Level 2 projects! What a ride 2020 has been, the world is in such a crazy place right now and things have been anything but normal this year. So I hope that this blog post finds you safe and well. 

For todays project, I am sharing a card I completed after finishing the 'Creative Watercolor Media' course. And the lesson I got my inspiration from today, was Lesson 5 with Debby Hughes who shared an inked/watercolor smooshed background using Altenew Inks. 

I loved the colours so much that I used those same colours on my project. However instead of creating a watercolored image, I coloured the gorgeous flower from the Positive Vibes stamp set using a graphite pencil. This really allowed the background to pop behind the neutral image. 

I started by stamping the image in Altenew Jet Black Ink onto Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock. I then coloured it with graphite pencils, and blended with a little Gamsol solution before die cutting the image and putting it aside to create my background. 

For the background I added the Coral Berry and Warm Sunshine inks onto my craft mat and spritzed with water. Then using a piece of Altenew A2 watercolor cardstock I dipped the card into the inks. I dried between the layers and repeated this process 3 times. Once it was completely dry I die cut the background with a stitched rectangle and mounted it to a top folding Neenah card base with foam tape.  I then used more foam tape to add the floral image to the front. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Sentiment Strips 2 stamp set in Altenew Embossing Ink onto black cardstock and heat set with white embossing powder. I trimmed the strip down and attached it to the card using foam tape. 

To complete the card I added some clear sequins. 

I hope you enjoyed this project, and thanks for visiting my blog today! 


Supplies:

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

I love colouring with graphite pencils! Your image looks stunning and so does your background.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery and welcome back!