26 April 2021

Altenew - Magical Marker Techniques

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I have a new card to share as part of my Altenew Educator Certification Level 2.  This one is for the class 'Magical Marker Techniques' by Sara Naumann. 

For this card, I have used the technique from Lesson 4 where Sara used the Altenew Artist Markers and isopropyl or rubbing alcohol to create a splattered background. I also used the Altenew Artist Markers to colour the gorgeous image from 'Paint A Flower: Clematis'.

To start with I stamped the image with Altenew Permanent Black Crisp Dye Ink onto a panel of Express-It Blending card and then coloured the image with the markers (colours listed below). Once that was finished I decided to 'black out' the background using the black marker, which I was nervous about doing after spending hours colouring the image, but I found it really made the flowers and leaves pop!

I then trimmed the panel down and mounted it onto a piece of coordinating pink cardstock and added some foam tape to the panel and added it to an A2 card base.  

I then followed Sara's instructions to add the splatter to the whole card using one of the pink and green markers that I had coloured the image with. I also added some white gel pen to add details to the flowers and leaves before adding the sentiment. 

I used the Just For You stamp from the 'Sentiments 2' stamp set for my greeting which I stamped in clear embossing ink onto the pink card and embossed with Altenew crisp white embossing powder and added it to my raised panel with double sided tape to complete my project. 

Artist Marker colours used: R502, R504, C003, WG01, WG03, G935, G825, G804, G702 & S (black).


Supplies:





3 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

Absolutely stunning work, Jodene!! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. Well done. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS JODENE!