03 April 2020

Altenew - Let It Shine


Today I am sharing my card for the Altenew 'Let It Shine' class as part of my AECP certification. I am so close to completing Level 1 now .. only two classes to go and then my final assignment!

I loved this class (run by Carissa Wiley) and picked up some great tips for adding sparkle and shine to my projects.  For my card today, I chose to use metallic foil card as featured in lesson 5 of the class.

Although this card looks quite simple, it took me hours to complete! Putting all of those tiny die-cut pieces into their place was very time consuming.

I started with a standard A2 card base of Neenah Solar White 110lb which I covered with double sided adhesive, leaving the top tacky and then I die cut the Dainty Blooms Cover die in White card and attached it to the front of the base.  I then cut the cover die three more times, in red, black and grey, and proceeded to paper piece all of the parts back into the cover die. They attached easily since I had used the double sided adhesive first.  These flowers reminded me a lot of poppies so I decided to make them red.

Once all of the pieces were in, I cut the cover die two more times in white and layered them on top of the completed panel. I then cut the die again from metallic gold cardstock and placed it on the very top.

Since the card is quite busy (and shiny!) I went with a very simple white embossed sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiments stamp set, on a black strip and felt it didn't need any further embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed my project, and thank you for visiting my blog.

Supplies:




3 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Jodene
This is absolutely stunning. Miss coming to the store and seeing you, Suz and the rest of the team. Hope you and your families are all staying well and safe.
Cheers
Lynn Fontaine

Erum Tasneem said...

WOW! This looks so stunning with the bold red and those white spaces!! LOVE it!! Absolutely awesome!
Thank you for entering your amazing work to the AECP assignment gallery.

pamboe said...

I love this card. The shine of the gold and the brilliant red just make that card stand out.