19 April 2020

Altenew - Seasonal Scene Building


I had so much fun creating todays card as part of my AECP Certification after completing the Seasonal Scene Building class at the Altenew Academy.  This class was taught by Nichol Magouirk, and she shared some great ideas and techniques. I have used two of the lessons in particular to create my card today; Lesson 1 - Masking A Scene and Lesson 4 - Framed Scene.

On a 4"x5.25" of white cardstock, I started stamping the macarons from the Altenew Handmade Tags stamp set in Altenew Permanent Black Ink since I was going to be using the Altenew Artist Markers to colour them. And I wanted to create a little grouping of them, so used masking to achieve the look I wanted. First I stamped the images I was going to use onto masking paper, and cut them out. I then  masked and stamped as needed to create my my scene.

I coloured the image using the markers and then adhered the panel to a coordinating 4.25"x5.5" top folding pink card base. I then cut a second white card panel the same size and cut a window from the centre using a blade, before attaching one of the frames from the Fine Frames Cover die around the opening. This was cut using gold foil cardstock.

At this point I decided to make it into a shaker card, so I attached a piece of clear acetate to the back of the window panel and then attached it to the base using double sided foam tape after filling the shaker with a mix of sequins and beads.

I then stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set in Versamark Ink on pink cardstock and heat set it using white embossing powder and attached it to the front, completing the card.

I hope you enjoyed this project today, it was fun to make and I really enjoyed using the Artist Markers to colour with. They blend so nicely!


Supplies:


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Looks so good! Love the shaker. Very clever thinking for scene building! Good job.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.