27 December 2020

Altenew - In The Mood For Color


It's been a while between projects, but things have been crazy around here with renovations to my craft room, Christmas and just the general madness that is 2020. And I've gotta say, never have I been more excited about leaving a year behind!  

As I mentioned, I have been renovating my craft space and we removed a wall to join the spare bedroom so I now have double the space I had before! I am hoping the new more organised, and decluttered space will inspire me to craft more in the new year. Although I am having a total hip replacement next Monday so that will have me off work and somewhat out of action for 4-6 weeks. But then there will be no stopping me and my bionic hip! LOL

For now, I have a project to share with you as part of my Level 2 AECP Certification. This card is for the class 'In The Mood For Color' with Stephanie Klauck. I have always been a fan of Stephanie's work so was excited to do her class.  This was all about how different colours portray different emotions.  I have chosen PINK as it represents caring, sensitivity and sweetness.  I also chose a sentiment that ties in with that theme. 

I have used the Sweet Flowers stamp set which I have stamped on Neenah 110lb cardstock in black ink, and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I then stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiments stamp set in Altenew Embossing Ink and set with Altenew Pure White Embossing Powder. I cut it into a strip and used double sided foam tape to attach it to the card front and add some dimension. I trimmed down the panel and mounted it onto a black mat and then again onto a white top folding card base. 

I added a few sequins to complete the card. I hope you enjoyed my project, and I will have a few more to share soon,  as I had to make use of the week I had between Christmas and my surgery to get a projects completed! But I hope it won't be long before I am back enjoying my new craft space. 


Supplies:

Sweet Flowers Stamp Set
Heartfelt Sentiments Stamp Set
Altenew Pure White Embossing Powder
Altenew Permanent Black Ink
Prismacolor Pencils
Sequins




1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Beautiful!
Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.