27 December 2020

Altenew - Impressive Heat Embossing


I'm here to share another card for my Level 2 AECP Certification. 

I have always loved heat embossing, it is one of the things that got me really excited when I first started making cards about 23 years ago, and it still has that wow factor! So I really loved the 'Impressive Heat Embossing' class with Svetlana Marchenko. 

I chose to use the example in Lesson 3 of Emboss Resist using inking.  The Altenew inks are perfect for ink blending and work so well together. 

I started by stamping the gorgeous image from 'Arabesque Medallion' onto Bristol smooth cardstock in Altenew Clear Embossing Ink. I then heat set it with Altenew Pure White Embossing powder. Once it was cool I blended the inks going from dark to light at the top.  I started with Ruby Red, then Coral Berry, Orange Cream and Citrus Burst. I love how these colours look like a sunset. I then wiped over the image with a paper towel to brighten up the stamped image again.

Once it was dry I trimmed down the panel and splattered some white gouache onto the front and attached it to a white card base using foam tape for dimension. I then stamped the sentiment from 'Sentiment Strips 2' onto black card using clear embossing ink and pure white embossing powder before cutting it into a strip and attaching it to the front of the card. I added a few clear dew drops to complete the card. 


Supplies:
Arabesque Medallion Stamp Set
Sentiment Strips 2 Stamp Set
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks: Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Orange Cream & Citrus Burst
Altenew Clear Embossing Ink 
Pure White Embossing Powder
Bristol Smooth Cardstock

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Gorgeously blended background! Beautiful colours too!
Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.