16 January 2021

Just Add Ink Challenge #537 - Family


I am hoping to play along with more challenges this year, as I find they always get me started when I am feeling like I am in a bit of a creative slump.  And at the moment I am off work recovering from a total hip replacement so it's good to be able to get into my new craft room and play! 

I have a cousin who has also having a rough time lately and has been in hospital in Queensland, so I decided to use the Family challenge from Just Add Ink to make and send her a card to lift her spirits. 

I have created a slimline card featuring a distress inked and stencilled background. The word dies and stamp are all from My Favourite Things. 



7 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Jodene, as always.
Is that little shadow effect under the bear's feet a stamp or a die?

Jodene said...

Thanks Lynn, the shadow is a die from MFT.

Patrice said...

Goodness, Jodene, I hope your recovery is going well! Perfect opportunity to get into that gorgeous new craft space of yours too....I'm loving your stencilled backgrounds lately & this card is no exception. Looking forward to seeing you join the challenges more this year, yay. xx

KimB said...

So gorgeous Jodene! Love the seamless colour blending and the layered hearts on top, this will brighten up your cousins day for sure! Rest up (that's big surgery!) and recover so you can enjoy your new reno-ed craft room. A real delight to see you join in the challenge. Kim xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

So happy to hear you are on the mend and able to play in your beautiful craft space. Love this very cute card Jodene, you always inspire with your creative talent and hopefully you you will be popping up in the JAI feed again soon. Xx

Rochelle Blok said...

So happy to see you are recovering well from your surgery. I have been seeing your progress on Insta and it looks like you are doing well. This is such a gorgeous card Jodene. Such gorgeous blending and I love the graduation of colour from the pink to the yellow. I'm sure you cousin will love the card and it will brighten their day. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Michelle said...

That is such a cute card Jodene and I'm sure your cousin will love it! Glad your recovery is going well.